Sunday, February 8, 2009

Arrival in the Philippines

Greetings, everyone! It's your faithful Philippines blogger Max B. here, to give you our first post-flight report.

After more than 30 hours on the plane our team has finally arrived in the Philippines!

The weather is beautiful. 90 degrees with a 70 degree dewpoint, with a nice breeze to keep it from getting too hot. I've taken tons of shots of the countryside, and it always takes my breath away A couple years back I went to Ireland, and thought no scenery on earth could match it. Suffice to say, I was wrong. 
I've done some travelling in my life, but this is  whole new experience for me. The people, the sounds, the food, there's nothing here that isn't new for me.  

We were treated to a rock star arrival by the wonderful folks of the Philippines Rotary District 3850. After the greetings and introductions were done, we went to the La Vina hotel, where we we had a delicious feast. 

That evening we went to a massage parlor, and man was that needed! Maybe it was the jet lag, or maybe it's the fact I'm constantly carrying 50 years of stress on my shoulders, but I left feeling like a new man. A late dinner, and we collapsed onto our beds (literally).

Feeling rested and refreshed the next day (I think I'm getting addicted to mango juice), we're getting ready to take a tour of Zamboanga City, after which we'll head to the homes of the Rotary families we'll be staying with for the week. It's sure to be an experience like no other, and I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment